Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weekend of Fun

My life in the bay area is getting more fun the more I'm down here. (I'm still a little homesick for Oregon, though) I've been making more friends and last weekend was actually pretty busy having fun with them. Friday night I met up with "the girls" at Va De Vi, a fancy wine bar in Walnut Creek. Downtown Walnut Creek is a pretty cute little town. There are neat shops and restaurants, people are always out walking around, and it's lit up with Christmas lights and decorations right now. I think it's like a mini San Francisco (without all the "strange" and homeless people). Anyway, it was great having a girl's night out. I'd been needing something like that. I met up with Marisol, Sonia and Maureen (all ladies I work with). It was a fun night of delicious food, wine tasting and "girl talk."

Then on Saturday I went into San Francisco with Marisol and a couple of her friends from out of town (Robert and Kenny). We met up with another friend, Trihn, who lives in the city. We went to Union Square where it is beautifully lit up for Christmas! It's like Rockefeller Center of New York. There's an ice skating rink, a huge Christmas tree, and people all over enjoying it. We actually saw a couple get engaged when we were there. It was beautiful! First thing we did was have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory which is on the top floor of the six-story Macy's. Out on the veranda we had a great view of Union Square. Later we tried to go ice skating, however, they were all out of skates. So we ventured over to a popular pup (Lefty O'Doules). There was a live piano player singing popular songs and the place was packed. At one point a herd of Santa Clause's came tumbling in. Here are some pictures from the fun night. Isn't Macy's beautiful? =)




1 comment:

Jessie said...

That's so cool, Becky. What a daring, adventurous sister I have. I always thought you were more shy than I am, but I think you are braver than me. I think if I lived down there by myself I'd just sit at home all the time & be too afraid to go do anything. It sounds like you had a great time! I'm so proud of you for doing so well down there! But don't stay down there too long, we miss you!!!