Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Move

What a busy weekend and week it's been. Last Saturday was the big move for Marisol and me. I figured I'd have everything moved on Saturday and have Sunday to clean out my old apartment. As is the case with most things, it lasted a lot longer than expected. My sweet friend, Sonia, was able to come help me Saturday morning. We loaded up as much as we could in our little cars and took it over to the new place two car loads at a time. Marisol and her brother were coming later with the U-Haul after moving her stuff. Fortunately, the new apartment is only down the street from my old one, so it wasn't too bad to make multiple trips. However, by the end of it, Sonia and I were about dead from weakness. She had to leave in the afternoon. Marisol and her brother ended up getting there at about 5pm with the U-Haul where we unloaded her stuff and continued to load up my furniture.

To make a long story short, I had to keep my apartment an extra day and I finally finished Monday night after work. There were many times I wanted to stop and rest, but I had to keep going. I've never had such a long-lasting workout before! My whole body was sore, but you should see my biceps now!

The good news is, this weekend we have four days off, so we have lots of time to unpack everything. Marisol has been out in the field all week and I've been trying to do a little bit each day after work, but it's still a jungle. I'm really excited to get all settled in! The apartment is awesome! I'll post pictures once it's all put together.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Yah, I want to see pictures! Sorry the move wasn't as you expected.

Mom said...

can't wait to see the place!