Thursday, January 22, 2009

I passed!!

Ok, remember that blog I wrote back in October about me taking my LSIT exam? Well I finally got my results in the mail yesterday and I passed! I'm so excited! I can now list this on my resume, I believe I get a raise at work, and it also exempts me from taking another test at my work. Right now my title is Land Technician. The next step up is a Senior Land Technician, and to achieve this position, you have to pass the Senior Land Tech exam which has two parts to it. There is the management portion offered in October and the engineering portion offered in April. However, you don't have to take the engineering portion if you are an LSIT (Land Surveyor in Training), which I now am!

On the topic of moving up at work, I have other news. Not as big, but good to me. My immediate supervisor is our Lead Land Tech. He receives all the jobs coming in and assigns them to us Land Techs. He gets a lot of emails and phone calls about land rights as well. His job is very stressful, but important. When he is out of the office he has to leave a contact name for people to get ahold of. My boss just recently asked if I would be comfortable with our Lead leaving my name as a contact. I of course accepted, because I would like to learn as much as I can and move up in the company. It really flattered me that they have this much confidence in me already. I haven't been contacted by any customers yet, but I'm ready.

I also have good news about my Mary Kay career as well. This actually happened a couple months ago, but I haven't mentioned it yet. I have my first active team member, Leslie Tibbits, which makes me a Senior Consultant. God is blessing me in my career success, and I feel motivated to achieve the best I can.

2 comments:

Mom said...

WOW! thats great Bec's, I'm so very proud of you. Love MOM XXXOOO

melakaplanter said...

Congratulation...