Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hiking

Shortly after I moved here, I bought a book called "100 Hikes in the San Francisco Bay Area" and I haven't done any of them yet! So I decided to this weekend, and I have to say it was awesome! My goal now is to do all of them....eventually. It was a great day! I started out by driving to Berkeley because there were a few stores I wanted to go to there, then I went to the hiking location which was at a National Park just east of Berkeley. It took me a little while and some turning around a few times to find the location, but the drive was beautiful, so I didn't mind. So here are some pictures:

The spot where the trail started was called Inspiration Point. Can you see my car in the background?


Here are some pictures of the trail. I ended up doing about 9 miles and I'm proud to say that I ran about 80% of it and hiked the rest.




There's Mt Diablo from the view looking East. Mt Diablo is just east of where I live, very close.

Also to the east was San Pablo Reservoir. People boat and fish out there but I don't think you're allowed to swim.


And here I am in front of San Pablo Reservoir. I hate having to take pictures of myself, but hey, that's what you do when you're alone. :P

And to the west, there was a view of the San Francisco Bay. I don't know if it is visible to you in this picture, but straight ahead is the Golden Gate bridge. It's kind of hidden in all the fog, but I could see it pretty clear when I was there along with the tall buildings of downtown San Francisco and the Bay Bridge.

On part of the trail, I passed through these groves of Eucalyptus trees. They've always reminded me of Santa Barbara. Berkeley seems to have a lot of Eucalyptus trees. I wish I could've captured the smell, I love it!

3 comments:

wilson said...

I think I saw your phone laying on the ground in one of thoses pics! XXXOOO MOM

Sintari said...

Ahhh... I love eucalyptus trees too. I'm imagining the smell of them. :) Looks like a really nice day.

Jessie said...

We should do this hike when we come this summer. It looks really fun!