Saturday, January 30, 2010

Play Day in the Snow


The best part of working in the field is that I get every Friday off! Yesterday I took a little trip to Royal Gorge over by Tahoe and went x-country skiing for the first time. I drove over with my friend, Sonia, and we met two other PG&E ladies who live in Sacramento. We drove the rest of the way to Tahoe with them and went skiing. I was the only one who had never done it before, but I caught on pretty quickly. I really liked it and can't wait to go again!

On the way back, we stopped in Sacramento again to drop off Carol and Mary and had dinner at Carol's. She's a Land Agent out of the Sacramento office, and quite an interesting person. She's had a lot of adventures. Mary's husband and daughter joined us for dinner also. We had some really great dinner conversation. I always like having dinner with new people because I am always learning something new and hearing a lot of interesting stories. It's just neat to see the different ways that people grew up and how their lives are different.


The hard part about going skiing Friday was that this morning I had a 10 mile run with Team in Training. I was afraid I was going to be very sore for my run, but I actually wasn't too bad. I had a little soreness on my outer thighs, but it didn't really bother me until about mile 8. I struggled the last two miles, and now I can hardly walk. That's ok though. I like feeling the effects of my body working really hard! ...but I think I'll be doing a lot of icing and using my foam roller today.
Oh yeah, and Sonia and I found some cool vintage posters in one of the lodges that showed our heritage.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like you girls had a blast and those vintage posters, pretty neat, you know how I like vintage posters!
XXXOOO MOM

Becky said...

I know, I was telling the other ladies about your collection. :)